Sunday, March 20, 2016

Day in Helsinki ✨

Hello everyone! 💕
As my very first blog post, I decided to introduce you to one of my favorite cities on this planet: Helsinki. Join with me and my best friend, as we travel through some of the finest streets of Helsinki and capture the beauty of Finnish architecture. 

As we wandered through the streets of Eira, I couldn't help but think: is this place even real or is it just a fantasy? I mean, look at those houses! Only Disney princesses would be fancy enough to live in those apartments. 


What I loved the most was the colors. Pastels all over. As though a rainbow would have landed on top of this little street and determine to stay there.






Next stop: candy shop. When your sweet tooth hits you unexpected, there is only one place to go. A real candy store. Roobertin Herkku (Robert's Treat) was exactly what we were looking for, and more. Imagine yourself as a child in a candy store, filled with things you didn't even know existed. This was it.


Our journey continued, and not just to the next boulevard, but to the cutest little café, where we would lay all of our pictures down to the wooden table and take a look at what we had achieved that day. I ate my candy and my friend drank her coffee. As I looked the delicate little snowflakes hover down outside the wide window, all I could think was: this is what happiness feels like. 



The best way to wrap up the day was... *drum roll* ... PIZZA. We took our time to search for the perfect little pizzeria and eventually we found one! It was empty and kinda cozy, so we chose our pizzas and talked about life while stuffing our mouths with way more carbs than allowed. 



The thing about Helsinki, is that you can always be moving. Hop on a tram, bus, metro or a train and just go. When ever navigating in Helsinki, you must own some love of adventure. Yes, you'll ultimately get to your destination, but probably not from the straightest road. And that, my friends, is the best thing about Helsinki. When you diverge from your normal path, you never know what kind of treasures you may find.



xoxo,
Isabella 🌙

No comments:

Post a Comment