Sunday, April 10, 2016

The ultimate outlet survival guide!

I was recently at my very first real outlet with my gal pal, and I made some really nice discoveries. (If you'd like to see those treasures, pay a visit to my Youtube-channel).
To be honest, it was a surprisingly education trip and I definitely learned a lot of stuff I wished everyone would know before they attended an outlet. So, if you have some sort of an outlet on your horizon, do make sure you are aware of the following things...

1. Here now, gone in about two seconds
If you see something you like, take it! Grabbing a piece of clothing does not mean you have to buy it, but it's kind of like your insurance. See, if you leave something behind, someone else is going to take it. I mean, think about it! Room full of exceptionally cheap fashion and hungry shopaholics, craving for their share of this madness. It's war, darling. So, if you see something nice, hold on to it and later (before paying it of course) you can take a moment to actually think whether you need it or not. 

2. Find out the sale-prices
At the outlet where I was, they still had the old tags attached to the clothes. If you needed to know what the sale-price of the clothing was, there were few lists on the walls where you could check it out. My experience was this: I fell in love with this blue top, but because I only had limited amount of cash, I couldn't afford it. So, I left it behind. Eventually, at the cash register, I found out that one of the clothes I had decided to buy, was cheaper than I had thought, meaning I could have afforded the blue top after all. But the line to the register was insane and I was not going to wait for another hour to purchase it. So make sure you know what the prices are, otherwise you may end up either not buying everything you want, or then selecting too many clothes and realizing while paying for them, that you actually don't have enough money. 

3. Wear good shoes!
If you are thinking of wearing a pretty pair of heels to some outlet, think again. There will be a lot of walking and standing, not to mention waiting in the line for a really long time. It's the same thing with shopping in general. Good shoes is always an easy way to make sure your outlet will be a nice experience, without abrasions.

4. Plan your spending
At outlets they may only accept cash, so I recommend to take an accurate amount of money. If you take your whole wallet, you may end up spending a lot more than you originally planned. Then again, if you take barely no money at all, you may find something cool and not be able to afford it. Taking an exact amount of money will help you stay inside the lines, but it also gives you the opportunity to make great finds.

Those were my tips for an outlet experience. As long as you are aware of these things, you'll for sure have a really nice day at whatever outlet you choose. Also having a friend with you will make everything a lot more fun, and it's never a bad idea to have an arbiter of taste to help you decide what you spend your money on.

Happy shopping!

xoxo
Isabella 💗

No comments:

Post a Comment